Skip to content

Keep Your Home and Family Protected

What is Homeowner Insurance?

Homeowner’s insurance provides financial protection against disasters.  A standard policy insures your home and everything you keep in it.  Homeowner’s insurance is a package policy, which covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries or property damage you or members of your family cause to others.  This includes damage done by household pets.

Damage caused by most disasters is covered, but floods, earthquakes, and poor maintenance are not and require separate policies.  Fortunately, we offer coverage for floods and earthquakes to keep you protected.  

kids running in home
holding home

Why You Might Need It

Homeowner’s insurance is responsible for protecting you financially in case anything happens to your home or possessions.  Owning a home is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make, and we want to make sure it’s protected against fires, natural disasters, a guest’s injury, and theft or vandalism. Most lenders also require insurance when taking out loans for houses.  In short, homeowner’s insurance is meant to help you expect the unexpected, and not have to worry if disaster strikes.


Earthquake insurance is meant to keep your home and all the valuable assets in it safe.  Because we are committed to keeping your home and valuables safe from all disasters, we offer both stand-alone earthquakes policies and and earthquake insurance as part of the homeowners package.


The truth is, flood losses are not covered by homeowners insurance.  Luckily, McCamon-Hunt offers flood coverage to keep your home and valuables safe from damage.  The federal government only covers flood damages if the president formally declares a disaster.  Get your losses replaced and ease the financial burden knowing you have our flood insurance backing you up.


In the event that your items are stolen or damaged in a disaster, our renters insurance will take care of everything.  Also, if the home you rent is damaged in any way, our insurance will cover the living expenses so you can focus on what to do next.